Frequently Asked Questions

If you have a specific enquiry, please check the questions below. If your question is not featured below, please submit your query using the contact form at the bottom of the page. We aim to respond within five working days.

Please note: The Communications Team is non-clinical and has no direct access to patient records. For appointment cancellations and rearrangements or enquiries of that nature please see the sections above and below for more information.


I wish to cancel or change my appointment. How do I do this?

I have mislaid details of my appointment, can you tell me when it is?

For appointment queries in the first instance please call the relevant telephone number on your letter or (for outpatient appointments only) call our contact centre on 0121 507 4151. Alternatively you can complete the form at https://www.swbh.nhs.uk/contact-us/cancel-or-change-your-appointment/

How do I access my medical records?

Gaining access to your medical records (such as, x-rays, time of birth, details on past treatments) is a legal procedure. To start the legal process, please contact our Governance Support Unit via the following email address: swb-tr.swbhrecordsrequests@nhs.net or write to the following department: Governance Support Unit, Trinity House, Sandwell General Hospital, Lyndon, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B71 4HJ

If you are after access to your GP notes, an additional way to see these is via the NHS app. Find out more about this here.

(Phlebotomy) What are the blood test opening times? Can I walk-in?

For more information about our blood tests and how to book an appointment by phone, email or the Airmid app please, go to https://www.swbh.nhs.uk/services/blood-tests/

(Maternity) I am expecting a baby, what should I do?

If you discover you are expecting a child, you can refer yourself online to the maternity department, a midwife can then be arranged for you and additional help can begin. To self-refer and for additional information please see the Maternity service page.

Does the Trust refund travel costs?

Anyone on a low income who is entitled to benefits or receives income support can claim for reimbursement of bus fare or receive a token to allow free exit from hospital car parks. Please bring proof of your benefits to one of the following places:

  • Birmingham Treatment Centre reception
  • Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre general office
  • City Hospital Cash Office (ground floor, main corridor, near the Medical Assessment Unit)
  • Sandwell General Hospital main reception
  • Rowley Regis Hospital main reception

I would like to carry out a condition check on a patient being treated at one of your hospitals

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide information about the admittance or condition of any patients in our hospitals due to the Data Protection Act.

I would like to arrange work experience at your hospitals, how do I go about this?

We receive a high volume of requests for work experience. To submit your request, please email swb-tr.SWBH-GM-WorkExperienceEnquiries@nhs.net and someone from the Learning and Development team will contact you

I would like to work at your Trust, how do I find out what jobs you have available?

Please visit https://www.swbh.nhs.uk/work-for-us/current-vacancies/ to search the current vacancies list.

I used to work at the Trust and would like to access information on the training I received?

Please contact Learning and Development on 0121 507 4794. Please note this information is only kept for seven years

(Your Trust Charity) I would like to donate to help support the hospital at this time. How do I do that?

Thank you for your interest, you can find out how you can donate here.

Ask a question

By sumbitting this form you are confirming that you agree to our privacy policy. The Trust uses a number of privacy policies, to access them visit our polices page.

Contact Us

For life-threatening emergencies, always dial 999.

For non-life threatening medical help, go to NHS 111 online or call NHS 111.