WORK EXPERIENCE – AMBITION PROGRAMME
Thank you for taking the time to look into our Work Experience – Ambition Programme at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust.
Many people consider the NHS as a clinical setting, with doctors and nurses and forget the “behind the scenes” people from the gardener to the Chief Executive who all play an important role towards the functioning of the hospital and the care given to the patients.
Work experience is vital for young people, and many get the opportunity to experience what it is like in a working environment. This experience can help individuals decide on their future career path, and assist with:
- Broadening awareness of the numerous careers available within the NHS
- Developing an understanding of your chosen career
- Gaining transferable skills, such as communicating with others, that you can use within a wide range of job roles
- Experiencing how working roles within the NHS are often much more complex than those portrayed on television
- Strengthening your college, university or job applications by allowing you to discuss your experiences on application forms and at interview
The Trust prides itself on offering an excellent work experience. If you are interested in applying please send in your expression of interest pack to:
Please ensure that the application pack is fully completed and you indicate the department/speciality you would like to undertake the placement in and the dates preferred. Work experience will take place during an eight week period between JUNE and JULY 2020 ONLY. Please note, we are unable to change the dates and department where the placement will be offered.
Click here to download the full application pack. Please ensure you add your full name at the end of the application form, then save as and send it to the email address above.
Below are some other useful links: