WORK EXPERIENCE – AMBITION PROGRAMME
PLEASE NOTE: We are now taking expressions of interest from students to attend work experience in June and July 2021 ONLY
(this may be subject to change due to Government restrictions).
Thank you for taking the time to look into our Work Experience – Ambition Programme at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust.
Many people consider the NHS as a clinical setting, with doctors and nurses and forget the “behind the scenes” people from the gardener to the Chief Executive who all play an important role towards the functioning of the hospital and the care given to the patients.
Work experience is vital for young people, and many get the opportunity to experience what it is like in a working environment. This experience can help individuals decide on their future career path, and assist with:
- Broadening awareness of the numerous careers available within the NHS
- Developing an understanding of your chosen career
- Gaining transferable skills, such as communicating with others, that you can use within a wide range of job roles
- Experiencing how working roles within the NHS are often much more complex than those portrayed on television
- Strengthening your college, university or job applications by allowing you to discuss your experiences on application forms and at interview
If you are interested in work experience at the Trust, please fill out the Expression of Interest Application pack below and email it back to swb-tr.SWBH-GM-WorkExperienceEnquiries@nhs.net.
Below are some other useful links: