Patient Advice and Liaison

By contacting Local Resolution or PALS you can talk to someone who is not involved in your care. You can ask questions, get advice or give your opinions.

Providing on-the-spot help and support with the power to negotiate solutions or speedy resolutions of problems, Local Resolution / PALS can also act as a gateway to independent advice and aims to;

  • Be identifiable and accessible;
  • Provide help and support with the power to negotiate solutions to problems;
  • Act as a gateway to independent advice;
  • Provide accurate information to patients, carer(s) and families;
  • Provide advice and support to you, your family and carer(s).
  • Listen to and act on your concerns, suggestions or comments.
  • Help to resolve your concerns by liaising with the ward or department involved on your behalf.
  • Pass on positive feedback to the relevant members of staff working in that area.

Local Resolution / PALS can help to resolve your concerns informally but is not part of the formal complaints process. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please click this link ‘Making a complaint’.

How can I contact Local Resolution (PALS)?

You can:

  • Telephone: 0121 507 5836 (Please leave a message if the line is engaged or if you are calling outside office hours.)
  • Email:
  • If you would like to see someone, please call to arrange an appointment
  • Send your concerns to us by completing the “Your Views Matter” feedback form, which can be obtained from the department where you are being treated. You can then hand it to a member of staff or post it to the address above.

A member of Local Resolution Team will aim to get back to you within two working days.