You do a brilliant job. So you deserve brilliant rewards. And that’s exactly what we’ll give you. We have put together an attractive package of benefits and rewards to reflect how much we value you.
Relocation and Associated expenses policy: Please click here to learn how we can support you if you would like to relocate to the West Midlands
- Occupational Health – advice on any problem concerning your health.
- Holistic therapy – relaxing massages and holistic therapies at the Active Health Club Gym, City Hospital
- Free sight tests
- Physiotherapy – assistance with musculoskeletal problems
- Smoking Cessation programme – free access to our services to help you quit
- Sandwell Gym – free membership of the 24/7 gym in Trinity House
- Active Health Gym – paid membership of the managed gym at City Hospital, with full facilities
- MECC – Make Every Contact Count, a healthy lifestyle programmes including weight management, physical activity, smoking and alcohol services
- Staff Rehabilitation & Physical Exercise Programme – four weeks free membership using the Active Health Gym at City Hospital if referred by your nurse or doctor
- BDMA counselling – a confidential service that helps you deal with a range of problems, both personal and in the workplace
- Stress Management workshop – covers stress management, sleeping well, stress busters, recognising stress and making healthy choices
- Domestic Abuse Support – a free, confidential service for employees experiencing physical, sexual, verbal abuse, threatening or controlling behaviour
- Debt Management Programme Advice – a free, confidential debt advice service, via PayPlan; supporting you to find the best debt solution for you
- Building your Confidence workshop – boost your confidence and meet new people
- Managing Change Effectively workshop – discover methods of relaxation, building positivity and understanding your value as a person
- Retirement Seminar – a clear and jargon free presentation that guides you through the financial complexities of retirement
- Cycle 2 Work scheme – a tax efficient scheme that can give you huge savings on brand new bicycles, with easy reductions through payroll
- Pool Bike Hire Gyms – hire a bike to travel between City and Sandwell hospitals, with some flexibility for cycling to/from work and using the bike recreationally
- Lunch time walks – join a walk of up to 2 miles, one day a week, from 12.30 to 1pm
Saving on car parking
Sign up to our scheme and you could save up to £100 a year depending on your salary. The idea is simple. We’ll deduct your car parking charges from your salary before tax and national insurance are applied. Because your taxable salary will be reduced, you’ll pay less in tax and NI.
We’ve set up a range of exclusive discounts with local businesses and high street brands. Saving every time you shop, you could keep up to £1,000 in your wallet in a year!
With the NHS Pension Scheme, you’ll get a guaranteed level of benefit when you retire. It’s called Career Average Revalued Earnings (CARE). The pension you earn each year, which is based on your pensionable pay in those 12 months, will be revalued by a set rate that’s linked to inflation. This will happen each year until you retire or leave the scheme. Your final pension is calculated by adding together the revalued pension you’ve earned in every year of membership. Which means your pension will reflect your earnings properly, adjusted for inflation.
As well as Bank Holidays, you’ll be entitled to generous annual leave based on NHS terms and conditions.