If you want to make a difference to our patients, come and join our dedicated team of volunteers.
SWBH is developing its network of volunteers to support the Trust, its patients and visitors in a whole host of activities. Our volunteers provide invaluable support and make a real difference to people’s lives. We are expanding our team and welcome in new members who are keen to help, wherever and for as long as you can. There are volunteering opportunities at Sandwell, City, Rowley Regis, Leasowes, and the Heart of Sandwell Day Hospice.
In our Volunteer service there are five main areas in which you can be involved:
- Wayfinding – helping direct people through the Trust’s sites, buildings and facilities; helping people check-in for their appointments and escorting them to their appointments, etc.
- Helping our patients take part in activities while they are being cared for by our services
- Assisting patients at mealtimes, either in hospital or in the community
- Helping new mothers with activities such as nursing and breastfeeding
- Helpforce which will focus on helping patients during those critical moments in hospital
We also have links with charities such as Agewell, and you can opt to volunteer with us through them.
Volunteers also undergo training sessions when they join us. You can find out more about these sessions and what they involve, by calling a member of the team, via the contact us page.