About the Charity
This is the registered charity of Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust incorporating not only our hospital sites at City, Rowley Regis, Sandwell and the forthcoming Midland Metropolitan University Hospital but our GP sites and partners. Below you can find a variety of information about the charity.
“To enhance the experience of all people using our services including staff, patients and their families. We will do this by providing additional facilities and supporting innovative projects that create a comfortable and secure environment.”
Your Trust Charity has responded with undoubted determination to help our community of 530,000 patients and 7,000 staff during the COVID-19 crisis. We are extremely grateful to the overwhelming support we have received from our donors, supporters and colleagues during this extremely challenging time. The work of Your Trust Charity is more important than ever, as we begin to come to terms with the impact this pandemic has upon our society.
Below you can find out some of the ways we, the staff at SWB and those in the community have raised money. You can let us know about your ideas for fundraising here.
We exist to achieve the following four priorities:
- Improving the Trust’s environment and making the capital improvements to facilities
- Supporting integrated care across the estate of SWB and allied providers
- Supporting the educational development of clinical and non-clinical staff
- Aims to secure the long term future of health and social care in Sandwell and West Birmingham
- To support education within the local community
- Help the Trust to be a leader of innovation, pump priming activities, running pilots and testing out new ideas and technologies for care that enhances outcomes for local people
4) Community resilience
- Support communities to improve their health outcomes, enabling them to provide outstanding, compassionate care independent of statutory providers
You can find out more about the various projects the charity has been involved in Our Impact.
Non-Executive members of the Trust Board are appointed by the NHS Trust Development Agency (now NHS Improvement) and Executive members of the Board are subject to recruitment by the NHS Trust Board. Members of the Trust Board and the Charitable Funds Committee are not individual trustees under Charity Law but act as agents on behalf of the Corporate Trustee.