Sep 03rd 2013
Staff Award Shortlist 2013
The shortlist has been announced for our Staff Awards 2013. Congratulations to everyone who has been shortlisted and thank you to everyone who took the time to make a nomination. The winners will be announced at our Staff Awards Ceremony on October 18, so watch this space!
The shortlisted nominations (in no particular order) are:
Employee of the Year
- Angela Hook, Ward Clerk, D25.
- Remigio Delacruz, HCA, Stroke Services.
- Neil Smith, Chief Technologist, Physics and Nuclear Medicine.
Clinical Team of the Year
- Health Visiting Team.
- Lyndon4/Newton1 – Acute Medicine/Short Stay.
- Breast Care Nursing Team.
Non Clinical Team of the Year
- Ward Service Officers.
- Facilities Administration Team.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Administration Team.
- Mr Kiong Chan, Consultant Gynae-oncologist.
- Joan Samuels, Paediatric Palliative Care Team Leader, Community.
- Mr Kevin Wheatley, Consultant Surgeon in General Surgery.
- Ruth Williams, ICares Manager, Community.
- Dr Sarbjit Clare, Consultant in Acute Medicine, MAU.
- Emma Ferguson, Matron, Medicine and Emergency Care.
- Rasekhuta Philistus Lephalala, Acting Matron Acute Paediatrics.
- Jas Chahal, Alcohol Specialist Nurse, Community.
- Dr Doreen Cox, Clinical Director of Breast Screening/Consultant Radiologist.
Staff and patient engagement
- Heidi Pouney, Vulnerable Children/Young Peoples Team Leader.
- Priory 2, Sandwell.
- School Nursing HCAs.
- Tissue Viability Team.
- Matron Sharon Reynolds and the D25/D21 Inpatient Team.
- School Health Support Workers.
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Unit.
- Haematology Research Team.
- Occupational Health and Wellbeing service.
- James Gillen, Medical Secretary, Haematology.
- Fiona Green, Matron, Medicine & Emergency Care
- Kathryn Gutteridge, Consultant Midwife.
- Antenatal Project Team.
- Mortality Review Team.
- Nuclear Medicine Team.
- EPR Team.
- Dr Parijat De and the Smethwick Pathfinder Specialist Diabetes Team.
- Learning Works Team.
Excellence in Customer Care
- Nayna Patel, Patient Support Centre Manager.
- Oncology Department, City Hospital
- Lisa South, Rehabilitation Support Worker, ICares.
Back to all News Stories