Facilities at Midland Met
The opening of Midland Metropolitan University Hospital is highly anticipated.
It brings an opportunity to create a modern healthcare facility that will be supported by services provided at two treatment centres on the Sandwell and City Hospital sites and multidisciplinary community services.
Midland Metropolitan University Hospital will be the main acute hospital for the towns of Sandwell and the closest adult hospital to the centre of Birmingham.
It will be the acute centre for care and includes:
- A purpose-built emergency department with co-located imaging and diagnostic services.
- A dedicated children’s emergency department and assessment unit.
- Adult and children’s wards with 50 per cent en-suite single rooms.
- Operating theatres for both emergency and major planned surgery.
- A midwife led birth unit next to a delivery suite, two maternity wards and an antenatal clinic.
- A neonatal unit.
- Same day emergency care for adults.
- Sickle cell and thalassemia centre.
You can expect to receive all of this as part of our care model:
- A full seven-day service – you can expect the same high standards of care any day of the week.
- Senior doctors leading expert clinical teams.
- Diagnostic tests identified for your care through our diagnostic facilities including x-ray, MRI and CT scans, plus other tests for urgent care.
- An environment that prioritises patients staying mobile and independent. Our Winter Garden and outdoor spaces are designed to help patients stay active.