Facilities at Midland Met
The new hospital will be a modern healthcare facility supported by services provided at two treatment centres on the Sandwell and City Hospital sites as well as community services.
- A purpose-built emergency department with imaging and diagnostic services.
- A dedicated children’s emergency department and assessment unit.
- Adult and children’s wards with 50 per cent of beds being within single ensuite rooms.
- Operating theatres for both emergency, major planned surgery and maternity.
- A midwife led birth unit next to a delivery suite, two maternity wards and an antenatal clinic.
- A neonatal unit.
- Same day emergency care for adults.
- Sickle cell and thalassaemia centre.
You can expect to receive all of this as part of our care model:
- A full seven-day service – you can expect the same high standards of care any day of the week.
- Senior doctors leading expert clinical teams.
- Diagnostic tests identified for your care through our diagnostic facilities including X-ray, MRI and CT scans, plus other tests for urgent care.
- An environment that prioritises patients staying mobile and independent. Our Winter Garden and outdoor spaces are designed to help patients stay active.