World of Work
Returning to help – September 2021
World of Work (WoW) is a unique work experience placement programme specifically designed and funded for job seekers and unemployed people who are age 25 plus, that meet the referral criteria, and live within the Birmingham and Solihull catchment area.
World of Work could be for you, especially if:
- You are age 25 plus, unemployed, want to be ‘job ready’ and live in Birmingham within the catchment area.
- You have no formal qualifications, but really want to see if a career in Health and Social Care is suitable.
- You currently volunteer in a healthcare related setting but you now require retraining and accredited qualifications.
- You are honest, trustworthy and reliable, have the skills needed to work and be part of a team and ability to meet targets and work to deadlines.
- You have the capacity to attend 16 hours of development training for eight weeks including two weeks of in-house training and skills assessments and approximately four to six weeks of real work-based experience as a placement at City Hospital, or with external health and social care service partner organisations, or within a community setting i.e. community project or schools.
- You’ve often thought about applying for a job within the NHS… but you didn’t apply due to having no recent or valid work experience.
If the answer is YES to at least three of any of the above then the World of Work ‘Pathway to Employment’ at City Hospital might be just for you.
Our WoW programme will get you ‘ready for work’ for at least one job role and depending on qualifications a multi-skilled discipline (clinical and non-clinical) in vital service areas including positions: as apprenticeships; administrators, clerks and receptionists; hotel services; estate operatives; porters, patient transport drivers, health care assistants, trainee nurses and many more positions that we will soon have up and coming across our hospitals.
If you are interested, but still want to know more before committing, remember we will train, mentor and support you. We will provide you with the work experience and some financial subsistence whilst helping you to obtain the level of functional skills and qualifications you will need.
Applicants must be age 25+ unemployed, live in the Birmingham catchment area and wish to be ‘job ready’.
For more information on WoW, call 0121 507 4891.