The Volunteer Service, Trust Charity at SWB NHS Trust and Aston Villa Foundation are working in partnership with the Prince’s Trust aims to engage with long term unemployed people across Birmingham and provide support with training and linkages to work within key growth sectors.
SCORE (Supporting Career Opportunities, Recruitment & Employment) is our unique work experience pathway to employment programme specifically designed, jointly funded by SWB NHS Trust and the Prince’s Trust to inspire young people from a variety of different and diverse backgrounds to enter the health and social care sector. If you are a job seeker or unemployed, and are age 16 – 30 years of age. You live within the Sandwell and West Birmingham catchment and meet the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) referral criteria and looking for employment within the Health Care sector.
We believe our SCORE employability programme could be for you, especially if:
- You are age 16-30 years, an unemployed job seeker who wants to be ‘job ready’ and live in
- You have no formal qualifications, but really want to pursue a career in the Health Care sector
- You also currently volunteer in a Health Care related setting but need retraining and formal
qualifications to boost your job chances
- You are honest, trustworthy and reliable
- You have the capacity to participate in 16 hours of development training for 8 weeks which will
include: 2 weeks of in-house training, functional skills, IT assessments, real work-based experience
on placement with Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust and an external health and
social care service organisation
If it’s a YES to any of the above then the chances are our SCORE pathway to employment
programme might be just right for you.
The SCORE programme will get you ‘ready for work’ for at least one job role and depending on
qualifications a multi-skilled discipline (clinical and non-clinical) in vital service areas and for the next
including positions health care assistants, trainee nurses and many more positions that we
will soon have coming up across our hospitals.
If you are interested, but still want to know more before fully committing, remember we will train,
mentor and support you throughout. We will provide you with the work experience whilst helping you
to obtain the level of functional skills and qualifications you will need.
• Applicants must be age 16-30 years of age, live in Sandwell and West Birmingham catchment area and would want to be ‘job ready’. To enrol please click here and fill in the online application form
Previous programmes operated by the Volunteer Service