Newton 5 is a Haematology ward for both male and female patients.
The ward can accommodate 14 patients.
Patients are admitted to Newton 5 from A&E, EAU, outpatient clinics and for elective procedures, such as surgery or chemotherapy.
The length of time patients stay on Newton 5 is dependent on the medical condition and specific care needs.
Visiting hours are 2-4pm and 6-8pm
Ward Manger: Jayne Page
Senior Sister: Sarah Wiltshire
Patients on Newton 5 are cared for by a multidisciplinary team.
This includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and speech and language therapists, in addition to consultants, doctors, nurses and health care assistants.
Please feel free to share your experience of your stay on this ward. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content coming soon.
Patients staying on Newton 3 will need to bring:
• Any hygiene products (such as pads)
• Any medicines or tablets you take
• Dressing gown and slippers
• Daywear – tracksuit or comfortable clothes
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Soap and deodorant
• Bath towel and a flannel or sponge
• Shaving equipment if appropriate
• Sanitary products if appropriate
Do not bring:
• Large amounts of money
• Valuables such as jewellery
• Television or radios
Newton 5 is on the 5th floor of the main building of Sandwell Hospital