Our Approach To Infection Control
As well as preventing infections such as MRSA and clostridium difficile, we work hard to minimise other healthcare establishment-based infections such as chest infections, urinary infections and infections in surgical wounds.
- Our ongoing initiatives to reduce/prevent cross infection include:
- Promoting hand hygiene compliance for staff, patients and visitors – hand wash sinks are available throughout wards and departments
- We actively promote the use of alcohol hand gel/sanitiser in all clinical areas by staff, patients and visitors – alcohol gel/sanitiser is also situated at the bedside
- As a trust we have strict quality control measures in place to ensure the food served to our patients is of the highest standard
- Ensuring visitors make use of the chairs provided rather than patient beds
- We have invested in hydrogen peroxide machines to help to decontaminate ward areas
- Rapid MRSA screening technology, which gives a result in less than 70 minutes.
To see our latest infection control statistics, click here.