- Overall management and stewardship of financial resources including the development of financial strategy and maintenance of effective budgetary control.
- Oversight of the arrangements for effective operational & clinical performance management including the provision of robust & effective information services and effective service line reporting.
- Proactive contribution to continuous improvement in the trust’s activities including achieving optimum efficiency and service line management for quality, operational and cost improvement.
- ACA (Chartered Accountant)
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance (Lancaster)
Experience/Areas of Interest
- 17 years acute hospital finance director experience gained in complex & challenging environments, delivering service and financial improvement at scale and under close regulatory scrutiny.
- Strategic service & financial planning in the context of major capital development and commercial transactions including PFI and joint ventures with the private sector.
- High personal standards and a leadership style which enables others to do their jobs very well and to realise their full potential.
- Finance Director at Burton Hospitals NHS FT, The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHST, QMC (Nottingham) NHST, Huddersfield NHST.