When you join us, you’ll enjoy a wealth of benefits and rewards. They reflect how much we value you.
|Here are some of the highlights of the benefits on offer:
Health & Wellbeing
We have a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing offer, which includes:
- An aware winning, in-house Occupational Health Service
- Free staff Physiotherapy Service
- Free staff Counselling Service
- Free on-site Gyms at City and Sandwell Hospitals
- Immunisations (including annual flu and COVID vaccination)
- Health surveillance
- Alcohol support
- Smoking Cessation support
- Domestic Abuse Support
- Eyecare vouchers
- Menopause support
- Financial Wellbeing information and support
- Free Will Writing Service
- Free Well-being Hubs providing a space for a confidential chat, Meditation, Massage, Yoga etc.
- Pastoral Support through our Staff Networks, Chaplaincy team, Freedom to Speak Up Guardians and Swartz Rounds.
Our very own SWB Benefits Portal provides our colleagues with access to salary sacrifice schemes (Cycle to Work, Lease Cars, Home Technology and Smartphones), as well as great discounts from a wide range of leading retailers. Our colleagues also benefit from discounts on hot food in our catering outlets.
Support with Travel
We offer discounts on bus travel, cycle parking and storage, electric car charge points, car sharing app and a shuttle bus between City and Sandwell Hospital.
Learning and Development opportunities
We want our colleagues to continuously learn, grow and thrive in their careers and our protected training budget supports you to achieve this. We support development from occupational competences, professional training and preceptorship to leadership development. Our Personal Development Review process supports you to identify individual training plans to help you achieve your career ambitions. We support employees to participate in a range of educational programmes from vocational qualifications via a range of apprenticeships to post graduate and master level degree courses. Our ARC Leadership Development Programme supports our leaders to deliver our culture and leadership ambitions set out within our People Plan and embed our values of Ambition, Respect and Compassion (ARC).
We run a range of recognition schemes including our annual Star Awards, which recognises teams and colleagues who have delivered outstanding care and support, ARC (Ambition, Respect and Compassion) Star which recognises people that demonstrate our values, Shout Outs, Thank you postcards, Long Service Awards and Retirement Gifts, to name a few.