We provide lockers by each bed for storing personal items. However, please do not bring:
- Large amounts of money
- Valuables such as jewellery
- Television or radios
- Laptops, MP3/4 players, Mobile Phones and chargers
- Hair styling appliances e.g. Hair Dryer, Straighteners
If you need to have valuables with you, please ask your nurse or midwife to store it securely for you. You will then be given a receipt for any items you have handed in for safe keeping.
Our Trust cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to items that were not handed in for safe keeping.
Patients are asked to read and sign a form which explains our policy for personal property and allows them to accept full responsibility for property, including money and jewellery that are not handed in to our hospital for safe keeping.
If patients need to bring any essential electrical items that need to be plugged in, such as an electric razor, they must be checked by a hospital electrician before use for health and safety reasons. The ward staff can arrange this.
Please do bring into hospital:
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, bath towel and flannel or sponge
- Any sanitary products you will need
- Any shaving equipment you might need
- Any medicines or tablets you are taking
- Pyjamas or night dress
- Dressing gown
- Good quality slippers
- Daywear – your own comfortable clothes
- Book or magazine
- Pair of glasses if you wear them
- Small amount of change for newspapers or telephone
- Tissues or disposable wipes
- Bottle of squash
- Walking aids if you need them