Before you arrive
A MESSAGE TO OUR PATIENTS COMING TO HOSPITAL – YOUR JOURNEY WITH US
Whether your a patient or a visitor, we want you to be prepared when coming into hospital.
We want to ensure your stay with us is as comfortable as possible and to help you get well as soon as possible. At any time during your stay, please feel free to ask any member of staff for assistance. If you experience any difficulties or have any questions, please let us know.
Our aim is to get you well and back home as soon as we can. If you come to hospital as an emergency you may:-
- be in an assessment bed at first to have tests and be cared for.
After this you may:
- be moved to a different ward or one of our alternative facilities in the community for recovery, or back home with care support depending on your individual care journey.
It may seem strange but, when you arrive we will start planning your leaving arrangements! This is so that we make sure we get everything ready at the right time. Therefore:
- Please bring your medicines into hospital with you
- We will identify your estimated leaving date with you
- We will discuss what happens next and involve your family if you wish
- We aim to get most patients home before lunch on your planned leaving day
- You and your GP will receive a letter from us to confirm that you have now left the hospital, what treatment has taken place and what ongoing care is needed
Our community facilities may form part of your individual care journey but will most likely be in a different location. Therefore, your journey with us may be in different building or location but you will be receiving the right care in the right setting at the right time.