Our vision & promises
Our vision is to be renowned as the best integrated care organisation in the NHS.
We have developed a set of care promises to reflect how we expect our staff to treat patients, visitors and each other.
The promises were developed by frontline staff who felt that even if we were providing excellent clinical care, we also need to provide great care, and that we were not always doing that in every area all the time.
The nine care standards, or promises are:
- I will… make you feel welcome
- I will… make time to listen to you
- I will… be polite, courteous and respectful
- I will… keep you informed and explain what is happening
- I will… admit to mistakes and do all I can to put them right
- I will… value your point of view
- I will… be caring and kind
- I will… keep you involved
- I will… go the extra mile
The promises were officially launched in 2009. Big banners listing the promises were put up at the entrance to Sandwell Hospital and on the front of the Birmingham Treatment Centre at City Hospital.
In a survey of patients and the public, 98 per cent said they liked the idea of the promises.
Tell us how we are doing on each of the promises.